Friday, March 27, 2009

Shupe Update!

I cannot believe that it is March already. March has went fast. Matt is doing his last rotation in the ER. I can't believe that he is almost done..YEAH!! When we first moved here I thought that I would go crazy not working, but you know I have adapted very well :) Don't get me wrong I have tried to get a job. Being that we were only going to be here for a few months I didn't want to apply for a permanent job. I applied with the temp agencies in town and not a lot of luck. I did have a little job in March for a week so the extra money was nice. Another crazy job that I tried was delivering Dex phone books. It was an awful job and a lot of work for not much money. I would have never been able to finish without Matts help. I do have a few photos of this craziness but they aren't downloaded yet. Amongst these little jobs this month Matt and I have been doing a lot of yard work at his dad's house and was able to go skiing. It was a gorgeous, sunny Colorado day. We had a blast!
We have also been working on our move to Texas. We are in the process of all the financial stuff of buying a home and aren't a hundred percent sure what we are going to do. The options arebe qualified on only Matt's salary or wait until I get a job and qualify on both salaries?? We do know though that we are headed to San Antonio the third week of April to find a place to call home. We have been working with a great realtor whose wife is a second year resident at the base where Matt will be doing his residency. With all of our other moves everything has worked out and I'm sure this will too.
Matt has worked really hard the last four years and has done a great job! Matt and I love to travel so we thought what a better way to celebrate making it through this part of the journey then to travel. We are super excited about our upcoming vacations. We will be going to Germany and surrounding areas for two and half weeks before graduation and then the week after graduation we are going with my family to Orlando for a week. It seems funny to think that all of these plans are really close. Well I think that brings everything up to date. I will try to be better at keeping our blog updated. We have big events ahead of us and I will be better at taking pictures to post here.

1 comment:

Josh and Sharon said...

How exciting! Germany will be amazing I am sure! And Orlando will be fun, too. Good job Matt!!!